Saturday 5 September 2015

Bleaching pine cones

I saw a post on Pinterest a few months ago, which I kept a note of, and today is the day I'm going to give it a try. Just been out walking the step son's dog who is staying with us again this weekend and picked up a handful of cones from our lane end.
I've put them into a tall glass vase, and then the instructions say to fill up with cheap bleach. I've not got any cheap stuff so am using 2:1ratio of thick bleach and water. Filled it to the top, weighted it down (rather precariously) and then I need to leave them in the mixture for 24-48 hours, depending on which set of instructions you read. The cones will close up, as they get wet, but then once dried out will become a glorious pale bleached colour...hmm, well let's see shall we?
Here they are at the start, the picture is a it dark, but I don't want to be carrying vases full of beach around, just to get a better camera shot, I'm hoping the change will still be clearly noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment