Wednesday 9 September 2015

Plum and cardamom jam

I rescued as many plums as a could last week from our Victoria plum tree before the wasps had ruined them all and it's only a small batch, probably a couple of pounds, not had time for the past week to do anything with them, but this morning I've no jobs booked so I'll crack on with making something.
Just had a browse through my books and nothing really drew mean. I've made a few varieties of plum jam over the years and they do taste lovely but are not that popular. 
I've read somewhere that plum and cardamom are supposed to go well together so it think I'm going to give that a try. 
I'll just use a basic plum jam recipe which is 1.5kg plums to 1.25kg sugar and 400 ml water and add a couple of teaspoons of cardamom seeds ( not in the pods).
Nothing much else pressing to do at the moment, I've been busy with gardening for the past couple of weeks, so it's rather nice to have a quiet couple of days. I have my voluntary work to do this afternoon and then am at Hannah for one of our regular CDWMs tonight. I rather fancied being able to have a drink, and Mike has offered to pick me up, but I'm going to be good and drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment