Wednesday 22 July 2015

Birthday cakes

This week I've had orders for 4 cakes to make,  3 birthday cakes and a chocolate fudge cake. So after I'd finished gardening jobs for the day, which fortunately was by 2.30, I've come home and been baking. I've done an angel cake 70th birthday cake for Hannah's MIL, a low sugar coffee and walnut cake for Ita's husband, which wasn't a great success, it hardly rose, but she insisted I had to go down the low sugar route, even though I was nervous of the result, I've covered it with a the layer of a very dark chocolate ganache. Th fudge cake was easy, I make these quite regularly for orders and then, the one I've not started on, is for our grandson's birthday on Saturday, he will be 6 and of course wants a minion cake.
And here is the finished Minion cake, which I have to admit, I'm rather proud of.


No comments:

Post a Comment