Sunday 5 July 2015

Wasps and roses

I bloody hate wasps...what purpose do they serve in life?, bees are a different kettle of fish, but wasps seem to just be vicious creatures with no aim in life apart from inflicting pain. Can you tell I've just been stung?
I was just emptying an old plant pot on to the compost heap and I realised there were a large number of wasps around, one just landed on my arm and stung me, I didn't provoke it, or try and brush it off, it just sat there and did it!
The compost heap is next to an old plum tree and once I've got over the shock, I'll go and see if the plums are maybe nearly ripe, it is an early plum, usually ready a good 6 weeks before the Victoria's so I suppose that may explain the wasps.
I've been out in my garden since early morning, deadheading and weeding and was just about to stop for a break when I got stung, so sat here with a coffee whilst my wrist throbs painfully.
Taken some pictures of the roses today, they are beautiful this year, I wish I knew their names, but the only one I am certain of is one of the pink ones,
which is called Darcy Bussell, it's a David Austin rose, bought for my 50th birthday by a dancer friend of mine. She said it would always make me think of her...and it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment