Friday 10 July 2015

More missing chickens

Over the past few weeks we have slowly been losing hens, we are down now to 6 and the cockerel, it must be a fox, but we've not seen or heard evidence of it and it's odd for a fox to only take the occasional bird, they usually do a complete wipe out. But can't really work out what else could be happening, the first two birds to go could have been explained away by other issues, but now now some of the 'gang' have disappeared. I'd like to keep them cooped up, but we've just disinfected the hut and it smells very strongly of jeys fluid and it would be just as cruel to keep them in. I know it's just nature and part of the food cycle, predators and all that, and I tell myself that at least it's a quick death but I still fret about it.
Anyway, most get on, got the car to get loaded to take my stall things for tomorrow,mother got an airport run, then got grass cutting job this afternoon before going to visit Mrs H in the nursing home. 
Not sure who reads this, so just need to be careful what I write, but got family problems at the moment and that's taking up some of our time, hopefully it will settle itself out, but we'll just have to see what happens there.

No comments:

Post a Comment