Tuesday 11 August 2015

Heliotrope

Of all the plants in my garden the one with the most amazing smell is one that's not all that showy, or that popular, it's an old fashioned plant that has somewhat fallen out of favour. 
Every time I walk past it, especially early mornings and late evenings I get the most heavenly scent, and the smell just cheers me and makes me smile irrespective of how I'm feeling.
I came across the plant a few years ago at a little garden centre and because it was purple, I bought it and I'm so glad I did, I now seek it out each year and usually manage to find it somewhere.
This year I bought it from the slightly mad, and rather eccentric gentleman who owns and runs his own nursery on the outskirts of York, he had bought them to raise into standards but he sold me 3 small plants at £1.50 each. Looking back at that last sentence, I wondered if he read this would he be upset, but actually I think he'd smile at my description of himself. I don't think I'd mind being described as slightly mad and rather eccentric.
Anyway must get on, not too busy a day today, just 4 customers to do and Mrs H to go and visit, however I rather badly stubbed my toes last night on the slate hearth around our wood burner and I think I'm going to have some difficulties putting weight on my toes, so will just have to see how I go. The forecast is good anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment