Saturday 1 August 2015

A free Saturday..woo hoo

Today I have nothing to do, well, I've got loads that could be done, but nothing that MUST be done and that's the difference. No fairs to do, no other people to consider ( apart from Mike I suppose), no fruit to process into jams or chutneys, no orders to make up or anything like that. This is a very rare occasion for me and I don't know what I want to do to make the most of the day.
I rather fancy a few hours in the garden at my leisure doing just a bit of weeding, a bit of deadheading, we have a massive bonfire pile and if the wind is in the right direction, maybe I could get that going, especially as rain is predicted this afternoon. Yesterday afternoon was spent cutting down docks and other large weeds in the horses fields before the seeds spread, and all this needs burning so that the seeds are destroyed.
We have Sadie with us, (Mike's son's dog - they have gone on holiday) and we could go for a walk somewhere but I'm not overly confident about letting her off a lead.
Or I could just sit and play minecraft for a few hours!
A leisurely breakfast first. And I think I'll turn the laptop on and get some labels printed. I made lime and lemon marmalade yesterday, I've got the redcurrant and raspberry jelly to label and the cranberry and redcurrant sauce, I can then get them all put away rather than cluttering up the side, oh, and the strawberry/lime/Pimms jam stuff, which I'm still undecided what to call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment