Saturday 29 August 2015

Baking day

Today I am spending most of my time baking, ready for Lou's open house charity day for York against Cancer tomorrow. 
However I had offered to help Sam and drive him to pick up a new triple glazed unit to replace his kitchen window, this involved driving Dave's van, which I love doing.
Just got back from doing that and having a bit of lunch before I carry on. Have done the basic cakes and buns, so this afternoon is a bit more leisurely and I might experiment with a couple of recipes I've been wanting to try. 
So far I've made 2 banana bread loaves, a lemon sponge ( for lemon drizzle), a chocolate sponge ( for chocolate fudge cake) and two batches of cup cakes, one chocolate, one toffee.
Oh, I was going to make a cheesecake too, so need to get that one shortly.
I've also just offered to have the grandkids for an hour while Mike and Sam go to collect a greenhouse that Sam bought 2nd hand off eBay. Apparently it's other grandad's ( Martin) birthday today and so I've said I would make a chocolate cake for him too and then the kids can decorate it while they are with me...that'll be fun.! - photos may follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment