Sunday 17 May 2015

Sunday jobs

Today I need to clear out the nesting boxes as the mothers have stopped sitting, always a bit of a gruesome task as some of the eggs could be close to fully developed but once the first batch have hatched they rarely continue to sit and hatch the rest, hopefully none of the eggs will break and I won't have to face the horrible truth.
All 5 chicks seem to be doing well and the mothers have taken them out into the enclosure this morning so once I'm up and dressed, I'll go and take some pictures. ( still slobing around in my dressing gown)
In the garden today I need to plant the rest of the broad beans and the green beans which are now sprouting at last. I'll have a closer look at the bargain fuschia that got from Aldi -  4 for £1.79. They were freshly in when I bought them so have not been subject to the usual lack of care that you find in most supermarket plants. I bought 5 packs as some could go in oneof my customers gardens whom I usually supply with bedding.
Yesterday's fair went surprisingly well, I didn't sell many preserves, but quite a bit of my handmade jewellery sold and a few other bits and pieces including all the of the sore joint oil, so need to get some more of that made up today too.


No comments:

Post a Comment