Thursday 4 June 2015

College taster evening

Not getting a lot of free time at the moment, so it was rather lovely this evening to sit and enjoy a most wonderful 6course taster dinner at York college, all cooked and presented by trainee staff. The theme was a taste of the wild, and although not as wild as I'd hoped, there were some beautiful dishes. Venison with asparagus and pancetta, monkfish ceviche with rhubarb and elderflower, salmon tartare, crotin wrapped in wild garlic, strawberry and Douglas fir parfait and peaches poached in camomile with clotted cream ice cream. Every single bit of it was wonderfully presented and tasted divine. Just what I needed.
Another busy day ahead tomorrow, but can't complain, much better than stuck in the office somewhere. I need to be up early and get on with things, I have the dessert to get made for Lynne's CDWM tomorrow, I need to go and see Mrs H ( as I ran out of time today) , I need to go to see her solicitor and there is still plenty of gardening work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment