Thursday 18 June 2015

Harvest loaf and banana bread

Yesterday I made a couple of cakes, well not quite cakes, more loaves, but not actually bread either.
I noticed a bunch of bananas we're going black in the fruit bowl, so I was going to make my usual banana loaf, but fancied something different, had a browse through a couple of cook books and came across a recipe in the River Cottage cakes book for a banana bread that had cardamom seeds in it, so I had to try it as I love cardamom. 
It came out pretty good apart from the fact that it said to grind up the cardamom and I couldn't be bothered, so I crushed them a bit with a pestle & mortar, and I think it would have been better if I'd made the effort. I did quite like the cardamom hit you got whenever you got a bit of seed.
The other cake was Harvest Fruit Loaf, this is a cake that a friend in Ireland always has made when we go to visit and Ita brought it back with her last week and gave me a copy of the very simple recipe. 
Anyway they both came out well, so will definitely make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment