Sunday 3 May 2015

Cake stall

So tomorrow a friend and I are running a cake stall at a local village gala day. This morning I've made a couple of chocolate cakes plus I have chocolate fudge brownies in the oven now and am melting chocolate to make rice crispy cakes, can I be bothered to make flapjacks too? Not sure yet, when I got up the rain was really coming down, which was sorely needed in the garden, but it's now brightening up and so I want to be outside rather than stuck in the kitchen.
I've got the fillings to make for the cakes plus the fillings for the macarons that I made earlier and also some scones and meringues that I've got. That's at least another hours work, so I think I'll call it a day at that point and get few hours out in the garden this afternoon.
Update 11.15pm, ran out of time and energy around 8pm, still got macarons to fill and cream to whip for meringues, but have just set alarm for 7am and will get up to do it then. 
Had a visit from step son and grandkids this afternoon which delayed me, but was lovely to see them, they had lots of fun emptying out and refilling a old water feature that we have, they went home soaking wet but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment