Thursday 14 May 2015

Knitted greyhound

A friend gave me a book for my birthday last year called 'Best in Show- knit your own dog'
I've knitted a couple out of the book, first I did a fox terrier, which is what Jessie was, Jessie was our dog whom we've recently had to put to sleep as she had a tumour in her throat and was slowly got to a point where she was unable to swallow.
 I then knit a little westie, as a couple of friends I know each have one, snowy & chalky...original names I know ( for a white dog)
Anyway the friend who gave me the book has a rescue greyhound called Tigger, he s a lovely brindled dog and so I'm trying to knit one for her, after searching all over for some wool that I thought might creat the right effect, I've given up and am knitting the dog with two different coloured balls of 4 ply together. It looks ok so far, just finished the 4th leg tonight and have started on the body.
Here's my little darling Jessie- RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment