Friday 22 May 2015

Family trees

I've never been all that interested in family history, never really been sure that this is because I'm adopted and so it's not really MY history, or what, just never bothered me at all. However my younger brother, who IS my adopted parents real son, is very interested and has had several attempts to trace our family back. He recently met someone who does this as a hobby and they have linked up to do some work on our family.
Mark ( my younger brother, not the one who is coming up this weekend, who by the way is also adopted, but not a blood brother of mine either) has been asking me for a while to scan some paperwork and photos I have so he can start looking, so I finally got round to it this evening, and with the power of the Internet behind me, I can understand how it can be interesting, I've been researching all sorts of things this evening. My Dad was in the army and we know he was stationed in Ghana at some point, but we know little of both Mum, or Dad's early lives and they are no longer with us to ask.
Anyway. Here's a picture I've always loved of Dad. He's the one on the left by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment