Saturday 30 May 2015

Simple chocolate pots

I've just rung up on a bit of a whim to invite a couple of friends over for tea and to play cards, they said yes, and now I'm panicking about what to do, I don't want to go shopping, I went yesterday and we must have stuff in I can make, so have had a search through the freezer and found some smoked salmon, some mozerella and some good crusty bread, so I'll just make a plain tomato and mozerella salad with smoked salmon and warmed bread. I have a piece of beef I took out of the freezer yesterday, so it'll be a roast dinner, and then for pudding I've decided on some chocolate pots, easy and safe. I also happen to have a tub of marscapone in the fridge that I need to use up. So perfect.
Start off by melting 100g of good quality dark chocolate.
Next, add 90g sugar,and 3 eggs, with a hand held mixer, beat, still over the heat for around 5 mins. Then whisk in 50ml of your chosen alcohol (optional, of course)- I used some famous grouse liqueur, as I'd used a dark chocolate with orange oil added.
Then take off the heat, whisk for a minute or two, to help it cool then whisk in a tub of marscapone, I used low fat, but don't know why, I suppose ever little helps on the road to dieting!
Anyway, finally pot up, allow to cool, don't need to put in fridge if eating same day, but can be chilled if you like. That's it..enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment