Thursday 7 May 2015

Troughs and baskets day today

Got up and the rain was here, so not gone out on my gardening job this morning so we've had a nice leisurely breakfast and catch up on the Internet and I'm now going to sort out my hanging baskets and troughs. I moved over to wall mounted troughs rather than all hanging baskets a good few years ago as it gets so windy here, we look straight out over fields to the west and this is there the prevailing wind comes from around here.
I bought plants from a market garden in the area last week, plus I have many already planted up and so that's my job for today. I'm going to photograph when finished and then try and remember to keep a weekly log on them to see how they progress and when they actually reach peak.
They're nothing exciting and will be mainly fuschia, geranium and lobelia, but a few odds and ends too. I think someo of the tomatoes need repotting too and I'd really like to get the beans out, all this rain will help them settle in.
This is the view across the fields from the front of the house, pretty open.
The other picture is the current state of the wall troughs, ignore my finger at the top of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment