Thursday 14 May 2015

Craft fairs

I've had a busy few days lately and it's made me think about how much I do and what I enjoy, a friend who has been making and selling her homemade preserves for charity is downsizing, realising she was spending so much time and energy on what she was doing, and that she's really ought to be enjoying her retirement more, it made me think.
I'm sure it's because I'm busy that I'm not looking forward to the fair I am doing on Saturday and I really wish I wasn't doing it, I'd much rather be home and spending time in my garden, maybe it's just the time of year, there is lots to be done and I'm just not getting the time I want. It's busy fair season too, up until the end of June, then things tend to quieten off once the schools break up for summer. It picks up again in the autumn.
The thing is, I have lots of things I like to make, and you just need some sort of avenue for selling them otherwise you'd disappear under a mountain of jam jars and knitting.
I'm filling in two booking forms as I type this, one for the end of June and one for the bank holiday Monday in August and I feel like not sending them off. Maybe just need a bit more coffee this morning!
Just looked for a picture to perk me up and came across my knitted hedgehogs and it made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment