Sunday 10 May 2015

Sunday in the garden

Today I am enjoying my own garden for most of the day, I have a couple of people coming to collect some of my glut of tomato seedlings, so need to prick out a few more. 
I've been round this morning pulling up all the cow parsley that springs up under the oak trees, that's another good thing about all the rain we've had, the soil is nice and wet so I can get the whole root up with things like that with just a good sharp yank. 
I have sweetcorn to plant, as well as a few nasturtiums and sweet Williams for one of my customers.
This plant here is an unusual thing, it was very popular a few years ago, as new on the market, I bought seeds and planted it and since then it pops up all over the garden. I rather like it although it is a little ungainly. Cerinthe.
I noticed this morning while doing my lily beetle patrol that I have another Iris almost out, this is deep maroony purple one, not sure of its name, it's quite small but has the most gorgeous thick beards. If it comes out further as the day goes on, I'll take a picture, it will be nice to look back later in the year and make a note of things like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment