Tuesday 19 May 2015

Fox patrol

Right so, we have Lily beetle patrol, dandelion patrol ( nearly over) and now we have fox patrol. While on the phone tonight I was stood looking over the fields and I saw what I thought was a hare or deer (sitting down) in the field down by the corner of the horses field. 
We have binoculars on the window sill, so picked them up and had a look, it was a very large fox, bloody hell, I nearly dropped the phone, and I'm sure I swore  to the person I was talking to. Told them I'd ring them back and went outside and herded all the hens up and coaxed them in to the enclosure,  (with corn as the bait) I've spent a nervous evening waiting for Mike to get back from his Monday night bridge match.
We've then been outside for the last hour and have surrounded the hen enclosure and hut with electric tape linked in to the tape we have around the horses fields. Hoping if we get the fox coming sniffing, it'll get one hell of a shock and should send it packing. Fingers crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment