Sunday 17 May 2015

Sunday evening update

I got the broad beans and French beans planted, went back half an hour later and one broad bean plant had been uprooted and two of the green beans, my favourites, the blauhilde, had been snapped off, now I'm not sure if it was the chickens or bloody pigeons, but very annoying. I have some thick green netting fabric that I normally put around the allotment area to keep the chickens out and hopefully other creatures, so got that put up this afternoon too.
Split up all of Frank's begonias that he gave me to look after, over 100 plants all in small plug plants, they were quite badly damaged in the post and some of them were being swamped by others, so I've taken out every alternate plant and potted them up. Also potted on all the geranium seedlings, most seem to be doing ok.
I've potted up all the courgettes that survived the frosts and I think I still have 4 cucumber plants, but they could be courgettes, I'm terrible at labelling things.😁
Anyway, some more Iris are in bloom, some pretty yellow ones, I'm not a fancy of yellow flowers, but can't dig these up. But this one has the most amazing scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment