Monday 20 April 2015

Apple Mango Amaretto Conserve

Just potted up a new preserve that I've been wanting to try for ages, I found the picture of it on Pinterest but then when I tried to link to the recipe it didn't work, so I've had to bodge together a few ideas, especially as it was an American recipe which used some sort of pectin ingredient which I was uncertain exactly what it was...involved calcium water, what ever that is.
Anyway the recipe came out quite well, I added a very ripe mango to the recipe too, really just to use it up, but I thought I would go.
So from what was originally a recipe for Brandied Apple Conserve, we now have Apple Mango Cinnamon Amaretto Conserve.
What is a conserve anyway...apparently it's a soft set Jam, usually including some sort of dried fruit..well not this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment