Monday 6 April 2015

So...more about the scorpion sauce

As I'm still very new to this blogging lark, I can't work out how to reply to questions and comments...and am still certain I'm adding pictures incorrectly...any help would be appreciated.
I have been asked about the scorpion sauce...I make this myself, as I think I've mentioned, I make preserves to sell at local fairs and events.

It's based on a recipe I use for a fiery Bengal chutney, which contains cooking apples, onions, fresh ginger, garlic, vinegar, sugar and chillis, I usually use scotch bonnets, but often get asked ( usually by men) if I do anything hotter.

So I did some research and bought some (chilliepepper.com)  ground Trinidad moruga scorpion chillis, these are the 2nd hottest chillis in the world, I'd originally planned on using Naga ( ghost) chillis, but decided to got for these instead, thinking the name was interesting.

They are around 1.2million on the Scoville scale, scotch bonnets come in at around 350,000, so you can see the difference, anyway, posted a picture on Facebook, and what happens, I get a comment from a friend's husband, that it's now all about the Carolina Reaper now...so I've bought some of that too and will make the next batch with that. Carolina Reaper comes in at around 2 million on the scale. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment