Monday 27 April 2015

The hunt for wild garlic

I love wild garlic and although I have a small clump in my garden, it's not really big enough to crop much from yet, it is spreading, but not as quickly as I'd like, it makes the most delicious pesto, as well as puréed and frozen in ice cube trays it can be added to almost any savoury dish to enhance it...in my eyes anyway. Now is the time to be picking it, before the leaves get too big and tough.
This morning I only have one job on, but it is a fair distance away, but out in the direction of some woods where I know wild garlic grows in profusion. 
After the job, I'm supposed to be going to see a lady who I worked for last year to discuss what is needed this year, if I get away now, I could go to the woods first and pick some garlic, I know you shouldn't pick wild flowers, but I can't resist the garlic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment