Sunday 12 April 2015

Carolina Reaper Chutney

The weather forecast for today was heavy rain, which so far hasn't appeared, but as Mike is out all day at a golf tournament I thought I'd tackle the Carolina Reaper Chutney. He hates the vinegary smell associated with chutney making.
I'm sort of doing my own thing with this, not particularly following any written down recipe, but I think I have enough experience to get something decent out of .

My base is Cooking apples, onions, fresh ginger, fresh garlic ( lots of) raisins ( but not too many) then the Carolina reaper chilli powder, along with around 30 mixed chillis minced up, seeds and all.
I want it to be a really dark red colour to signify the heat, so I've added paprika and cayenne which will add flavour as well as colour. 
This s how it currently looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment