Monday 6 April 2015

coal dust briquettes

mike has been complaining for ages as to how our coal bunker is half full of coal dust and he has recently bagged a load of it up, with no real idea what to do with it. I had read somewhere about turning it into briquettes by mixing with a weak mixture of wallpaper paste and  squashing into small plant pots, the leaving to dry.
So I gave it a go today, used some of the 6 module trays that you get bedding plants in, I have tons of them as I can't bear to throw things away and every Spring and Autumn I spend much of my time putting in bedding for some of my customers.
So far so good, just need to leave them to dry now and see if they can be turned out and used. Will update in a couple of days.
I already make paper logs from old newspaper and so made a start on them again this year, I've had some paper soaking in a large true of water for a few days, so made a couple of logs and refilled the true with more paper. Just need warm weather now to dry everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment