Friday 17 April 2015

Chocolate Torte

Just cooked the chocolate torte for tomorrow nights dinner, a Gordon Ramsey recipe, very simple but smells and looks delicious, there was a risk at one point of it overflowing the baking tin, but it stayed..just. It's now in the oven cooling for an hour before I take it out, really want to try it, but must resist.
The bourguignon is in the slow cooker, I seared the beef this afternoon and got it going, or didn't as it happens, as I'd forgotten to switch the slow cooker on, so that means it's midnight before I turn it off.
Made the dauphinoise potatoes this afternoon too, I use a recipe in a book by Joanna Weinberg, called How to feed your friends with relish, you start them off in a pan on the stove, then tip into a baking dish to finish off in the oven, if you need to prep ahead as I do, you can do the pan bit then tip in to a dish and cover with cling film and leave until the next day , brill stuff, the secret ingredient is anchovies!

No comments:

Post a Comment