Tuesday 28 April 2015

Made me think

I've just been reading a friends post about going very green and chemical free and it did make me think about what we use in the house, I am a big fan already of bicarbonate and vinegar for a lot of the cleaning, but we do have chemicals, we also have a septic tank so are quite careful about many things, but again use cheap shampoo and shower gels, the step son has 2 showers a day.
We don't have a tumble drier, or dish washer, so that isn't an issue, but I started to think about what shower gels and shampoos could I buy instead.
I was hoping there was a site that just gives you a list, but on my brief investigations this morning, that doesn't seem to be the case...so far.
I read about the issues of SLS in products a few years ago and although it gave me some concerns, I'm very much a believer in fate, and if you take all the precautions you can, you could still get hit by a runaway car on the day your number is up, but it wouldn't do any harm to look up a few 'better for you' products.
Anyway back to day to day - I have 3 gardening jobs on today, it's cold and windy and a threat of rain, I told all my customers this year that I'm going to be a fair weather gardener, I have too many aches and pains nowadays to be out when it's bad...so the question is...will they be expecting me.
Only one way to find out I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment