Friday 24 April 2015

Gardening and more gardening

Today I am back to the day job, and gardening for others, it's been lovely to have some time to myself and get things done I've been meaning to, even though I've still not tidied/sorted out the dreaded craft room.
I have Maggie to see at 9.30, a lovely lady with a beautiful herbaceous border, she does a lot of flowers for her church so this bed is a sight to behold in summer, there will be a lot to do today I assume, she normally has the bed mulched over winter with rotted manure, but that encourages weeds as well as flowers, so much to be done no doubt.
I'm at Sarah's tonight for a CDWM, I'll be driving and so far 2 am picking up MIchelle and Jenny on the way, just waiting to hear from Anne. That means after Maggie, I need to call back here and get a change of clothes before heading in to town. I have repaired jewellery to deliver and Mrs H to go visit as well as buying flowers and wine, oh and call at IHs and water plants, and do all the usual,little errands I do for her while she is away.
I'd like to get the grass cut, but I put weed and feed on last week and although I watered it in well at the time, I think it might be better to leave it until we've had the rain early next week, I'll see when I get there.
Just been out into my greenhouse, had a small disaster yesterday and the sun damaged one of my trays of courgettes, but this one, which is the Nano Verde di Milano look ok, I've put the others into the shady poly tunnel and I'm hoping they recover, however, the coriander and black basil which were in the same tray look like they've had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment