Thursday 16 April 2015

Blauhilde & Blue Lake

After I finished work today, I've come home and planted some beans and peas, all the other seeds are starting to show apart from the chillis. Might bring the seeds in next week when Mike is away and just see if they get a bit of extra warmth in the house.
Anyway, back to beans, I've planted Blue lake and Blauhilde , I've planted these two varieties for a number of year, the Blauhilde are a black coloured bean, but it turns green on cooking, I was a bit disappointed the first time I realised this, but still grow them because they look good on the plants.
In two minds whether to plant runner beans, I really don't like them, well that's not quite true, it's the bit about if you don't catch them quickly they go stringy and I hate them like that, so never bother growing, hmm, decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment