Sunday 26 April 2015

Litter picking dilemma at the Shows

A week or so ago I got confirmation that I'm working on litter collection at the Bramham Horse trials again this year and last night I got confirmation that I'm working at the Yorkshire show again, I've done this for a few years now and it's a long hard few days, but I so enjoy it. The job I do isn't exciting, I supervise the litter packers, the show ground is split into 4 or 5 areas and each of us has an area. A couple of years ago I did the main ring and collecting areas and it was busy and hard to keep on top of, but I loved it. Last year I did the animal areas and a section of the stalls, it was ok, but not as enjoyable as the main ring. 
I'd really like to do the food halls and gardens area, but the same bloke does that every year, and this might be a bit opinionated of me, but he always seems to struggle with it and spends most of his time on the radio asking for extra help - we usually have a 'hit squad' who can rush to a problem area, and they are constantly called to his area.
He's a lovely man, but just a bit set in his ways and doesn't seem particularly flexible. Do I ask to do a more 'exciting' area or just be glad to be doing it and accept I might have an easy area again?

No comments:

Post a Comment