Sunday 26 April 2015

Weather forecast wrong again

All week we have had forecasts for a horrendous day today, heavy rain and cold winds, so I've left loads of jobs, like the dreaded ironing for today. Got up this morning and wall to wall sunshine and when I've checked to forecast, no sign of rain till later in the week. Damn!
We really need some rain in the garden, the soil is really dry, I want to put the annual seeds in that I mentioned a few days ago, I've got broad beans, artichokes and peas ready to go in the allotment bit and soil needs a real sustained drenching.
It was pretty cold last night, and when I arrived home from Frank's 80th birthday dinner, which was lovely, I went out and covered all my little seedlings in the greenhouse with cloches for extra warmth.  just going to check on them all now and do the usual dandelion and lily beetle checks.
Mike mentioned when we got up that we have wagtails nesting under the stable roof, we always have wagtails around, they seem to love patrolling the lane to the house and picking up insects, I love watching them. Anyway, as we sat there this morning one of them crashed into the porch windows, a real heavy thud, poor little thing sat there for a bit and I was worried it had badly hurt itself, but it's now flown away thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment