Thursday 9 April 2015

purple springtime

Had  a wander round the garden after emptying out the greenhouse so that I could position my tomatoes, and make space for more seed plantings,
I've got several trays of small iris rhizomes to get put in somewhere and it made me realise how much is already sprouting and so much is purple, now I've always aimed for a pink and purple garden in summer but hadn't really realised the number of purple spring flowers I have.
The chickens then upturned several of my trays of seedlings that were sat out in the sun and I've had to repot them, mainly lupins but a few omphelodes that I got from Mrs H's garden before she moved.
I've dug up all overgrown heather today, or rather mike and I did, but got loads of other weeding done and a few more plants in - some anemones that I bought a few weeks ago, although I've planted some up in seed trays too.




No comments:

Post a Comment