Monday 6 April 2015

Monday Monday

Bank holiday Monday and a day to myself, was going to see Mrs H, but the traffic into York will be horrendous and it's a lovely day and she has other visitors, so going to spend the day doing things in the garden.
I have a climbing hydrangea in a pot that I want to repot and get in it's final growing position, I need to re-position a trellis on the wall for it. I can check on all the seeds planted, hoe over the veg patch, cut back the normal hydrangeas and do some more weeding...all with an already aching back. Let's see what I manage.
And later...
Well I didn't repot the hydrangea, but I did get the trellises repositioned, and the normal hydrangea cut back, got loads of weeding done and we had a bonfire, which is always a great opportunity to make rash decisions and chuck things on before I change my mind, disposed of an old redcurrant that really needed to go, and a small rose that has refused to do anything much. Feels very cathartic.
Later as the fire died down a bit, we cut down some old dead Holly bushes and then sat with a glass of wine and enjoyed the glorious evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment