Thursday 16 April 2015

Best cut of beef for braising- difficult to get an answer

This morning I thought I'd look on line for recommendation on the best cuts of beef for braised dishes, obviously with my bourguignon in mind for Saturday. Proved not as straightforward as I expected.
Delia was pretty good, but many of my usually trusted site, which I won't name were pretty ambiguous and I was quite disappointed.
Anyway, during the day today I went to Sainsbury's to pump up my car tyres and though I might as well get a hand car wash, as I've to take it in to Honda tomorrow for a safety recall on the electric windows, so while they were washing the car, I had a wander round and a look at what 'braising' steak they had on offer, I asked at the meat counter and the bloke was pretty rubbish, had to ask someone else, who told him to get 'the book' out and show me...anyway, it turned out to be shoulder, which is chuck steak, and the stuff I'd decided I was going to get, so bought 1.25kg, think that should be enough for 5 heart appetites, but so disappointed with the 'butcher' in Sainsbury's, you'd expect he should know his meats!

No comments:

Post a Comment